Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System Annual Benefit StatementsMay 7, 2013 |
Coming Soon: New Enhancements to the 2012 Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System’s Annual Benefits Statements
The 2012 Annual Benefits Statements will be in Members’ ORBIT accounts later this month. For the first time, all active members receiving a statement will have a Social Security estimate included in their statement. Members who did not contribute as of Dec. 31, 2012 will not receive a statement.
In addition to a Social Security estimate, the 2012 statement will include:
- A more prominently positioned gap analysis at the front of your statement. You will be able to see early on a comparison of your projected monthly income to your projected monthly need. This will help you better understand what factors contribute to your income and how you can enhance your long-term savings.
- Your contributions to the N.C. Retirement Systems as of Dec. 31, 2012
- Your projected sources of retirement income, including your retirement benefit through the N.C. Retirement Systems, and your NC 401(k) and NC Deferred Compensation (457) monthly incomes through the Retirement Systems administrator
To help you better understand the information in your statement, an “Annual Benefits Statement” website will be available by Friday, May 10. This website will provide:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to resources for all ages and career stages
Use your Annual Benefits Statement and this website to help you address any retirement gap you may have, and aid you in developing a retirement plan.
To access ORBIT:
- Visit www.myncretirement.com
- Click on the ORBIT button to log-in
- Once logged on to your personal ORBIT account, click on “View Annual Benefits Statement” to view or print your statement
Additional communication will be sent when the Annual Benefits Statements are posted to your account.