2013 TSERS Statements Available in ORBITMay 2, 2014 |
TSERS members: Your 2013 Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System annual benefits statement is now available in your ORBIT account. Access your statement and begin your retirement planning today.
- Visit www.myncretirement.com
- Click on the ORBIT button to log-in. Please note that if you have forgotten your login or security questions, you will need to re-register in ORBIT.
- Once logged on to your personal ORBIT account, click on “View Annual Benefits Statement” to view or print your statement.
The 2013 statement reflects the newly-created and colorful NC Total Retirement Plans branding. The statement prominently positions your gap analysis at the front of your statement. There you will see your projected monthly retirement income compared to your projected monthly need in retirement. If you have a significant gap, you may need to take steps to close the gap, such as adding a 401(k), 457 or 403(b) plan to your retirement planning portfolio.
Active members receiving a statement will have data on:
- Your contributions to the N.C. Retirement System as of December 31, 2013
- Your projected retirement benefit
- Your projected benefit through your NC 401(k) and NC Deferred Compensation (457) plans
- Social Security estimate to show you how much you may receive from Social Security at age 62. This may represent a reduced benefit. Be sure to contact the Social Security Administration at www.ssa.gov to get an up-to-date estimate.
If you had fewer than 12 months of service in 2013, a letter from state Treasurer Janet Cowell is posted to your account that identifies where you will find your length of service, retirement account balance, and beneficiary designation(s) within ORBIT.
Remember, your statement will not be mailed to you, so log on to ORBIT and start planning for your financial future today!