Text Size:
Decrease font size
Increase font size


Reminder: New Dental Plan Provider

January 31, 2017 | In Benefits & Work/Life

When your dentist’s office asks if you have new insurance, say “Yes.” Effective January 1, 2017, the NCFlex dental plan vendor changed from United Concordia to MetLife. Plan participants should have received new ID cards, which were mailed to the address on record.

If you need a new ID card, you can log into MyBenefits (instructions attached) to print an ID card. You can request an additional ID card from customer service at 855-676-9441. ID cards are convenient but not required for dentists to perform services.

MetLife: How to Register on MyBenefits (PDF)


We received some questions today about the communication below that was sent this morning. Here is some clarifying information that should help you and your employees. 

Regarding the initial communication sent to campus about the change in dental plan vendor from United Concordia to MetLife, the following information should be helpful.  

MetLife is a popular dental plan provider and many dentist offices already partner with MetLife.  While ID cards are handy, they are not necessary in order to verify coverage or file claims.  Most dental office staff are able to take care of these tasks with a phone call to MetLife.  Those who wish to have a personalized ID cards should go to www.metlife.com/mybenefits and enter the group name as NC Flex and then click on “Register Now!” to create a unique user ID and password.  Plan participants can track claims and usage, get dental plan details and other useful information through MetLife’s portal.  Plan participants who wish not to register within the MetLife portal may use the attached generic ID card at their dentist office, as it shows the NC Flex group number which is important in filing claims.  Dental plan coverage details and individual claims information can also be accessed by calling 1-855-676-9441.  Coverage summaries, claim forms, frequently asked questions and plan certificate documents can be found at www.ncflex.org