The annual benefits enrollment period ended Oct. 31, and a large majority of UNC-Chapel Hill employees took action, with 89% of employees enrolling in their benefits before the deadline. This high level of engagement can largely be attributed to the Benefits and Leave Administration team’s on-campus involvement and in-person instruction. Before and during the month-long enrollment period, the Office of Human Resources Benefits and Leave Administration team:
- Conducted over 30 enrollment presentations to departments across campus
- Taught “Train the Trainer” sessions to those assisting employees in enrollment
- Hosted 13 “Rock Enroll” in-person assistance labs at the Administrative Office Building, including sessions for employees who work second and third shifts.
For 2018, one major difference from last year’s enrollment was the elimination of the Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP). Employees this year could choose between either the 70/30 plan and the 80/20 plan.
During last year’s 2017 enrollment:
- 1,370 employees enrolled in the Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP)
- 3,497 employees enrolled in the 70/30 plan
- 7,2,79 employees enrolled in the 80/20 plan
During this year’s 2018 enrollment:
- 3,697 employees enrolled in the 70/30 plan
- 8,561 employees enrolled in the 80/20 plan