The Office of Human Resources (OHR) is the University central office responsible for delivering a wide range of human resources programs and services to the campus workforce in support of Carolina’s mission of teaching, research, and public service. Felicia Washington is the Vice Chancellor for Workforce Strategy, Equity and Engagement and serves as the University’s Chief Human Resources Officer; she is assisted in the day-to-day leadership of OHR by Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources Gena Carter and Senior Director Vicki Bradley. OHR is one of three offices reporting to Vice Chancellor Washington, who also has responsibility for the University’s Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office and the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs.
OHR services are delivered to the campus through the following individual functional areas, each led by a senior OHR manager:
- Benefits & Work/Life Programs
- Classification & Compensation
- Employee & Management Relations
- Employment & Staffing
- EHRA Non-Faculty Human Resources
- HR Information Management
- Organization & Professional Development
Faculty human resources matters — with the exception of faculty benefits, which are managed by OHR — are handled separately by the Academic Personnel Office, which is part of the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.
Organization and Leadership
- For more information on the Division of Workforce, Strategy, Equity, and Engagement, see the Division’s website.
- For an overview of the OHR senior leadership team, see our team bios.
- For OHR’s structure and reporting relationships, see our organizational chart.
Key Contacts and Information Sources
- For address and email information for individual OHR employees, see the OHR staff directory; to locate OHR’s offices, see our map and directions.
- If you are a current UNC-Chapel Hill employee, see a list of School/Division HR Officers for HR assistance in your local unit.
- If you are unsure of who to contact in OHR, you can phone our HR Service Center for assistance at 919-843-2300 or send an email to hr@unc.