Each university employee must complete employment forms—including the federal W-4 and state NC-4 tax forms, direct-deposit form, Conditions of Employment form, and the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification upon hire.
Instructions for New Employees
The campus HR representative will provide each new employee with a copy of his or her Conditions of Employment on or before the date of hire.
In addition, each employee hired after November 6, 1986 must complete a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification by following these steps:
- Complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification on or before the date of hire and
- Present unexpired identity and work authorization document(s) to the HR representative within three business days of hire. For more information regarding the identity and work authorization documents you may present, please refer to the Form I-9 Lists of Acceptable Documents.
Each new employee also should print, complete, and submit the following forms to his or her campus HR representative on or before the date of hire:
- Federal Form W-4 Tax Withholding
- North Carolina NC-4 Tax Withholding
- Direct Payroll Deposit Authorization
- Equal Opportunity Employment Data Form
The campus HR representative will provide new employees with information on accounting for time worked via the Time Information Management (TIM) system, parking, the OneCard, department policies, and other relevant information.
- University and Administrative Policies
- Human Resources Policies for Direct-Hire Temporary Employees
- Direct Payroll Deposit Policy
- Time Information Management (TIM) System
- Bi-Weekly Pay Schedule
- Parking Information (Note: Please refer to your department’s HR representative for information about parking availability.)
- OneCard Information
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your campus HR representative.