- This event has passed.
How to Deal with a Difficult Person
Friday, September 22, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Course Number: PD0006
At one time or another, we have all dealt with a difficult person. Whether they are hard to communicate with, acting defensive or just handling a situation inappropriately, interactions with difficult people can affect our confidence, mood and focus. Learning to recognize and cope with common difficult behaviors in ourselves and others can help make difficult encounters much more manageable.
- Identify common “difficult” behaviors
- Describe what motivates most difficult behaviors
- Identify distinctions between passive, aggressive and passive/aggressive behaviors
- Identify the positive intent behind many difficult-to-understand behaviors
- Identify appropriate strategies for dealing with difficult behaviors
- Describe how to maintain composure when responding to difficult behaviors
- Describe ways to defuse aggressive acts in the workplace
- Describe five methods for resolving conflict
- Identify your favored style
- Identify tips for improving communication
All UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and staff are invited to register for and attend the various courses offered by the Office of Human Resources Organization and Professional Development team.
To register for courses:
- Visit: connectcarolina.unc.edu
- Log in: Your Onyen + Password
- Click: Self Service
- Click: Training Enrollment
- Search Courses