The Equal Employment Opportunity Institute (EEOI)–Level 1, as mandated by G.S. 126.16.1 and administered by the Office of State Human Resources (OSHR), is required for all state government employees who were hired, promoted, or appointed to the position of supervisor or manager on or after July 1, 1991. Managers and supervisors hired, promoted, or appointed prior to that date are strongly encouraged to attend the Institute.
This course is designed to deliver the latest information needed to help managers and supervisors understand both federal and state equal-employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative-action (AA) laws in the context of daily work situations. The course design also will provide managers and supervisors with applicable information to help them work more effectively with a diverse workforce. The course totals 12 hours over a day and a half and is offered at no cost to employees. Sessions are held most frequently at the OSHR offices in Raleigh, but occasionally at other locations throughout the state.
The OSHR Learning Development Center is located at 101 West Peace Street in Raleigh, NC 27603.
- In-depth review of current EEO and AA laws, regulations, and court cases at both the federal and state levels
- Explanation of EEO and AA employer obligations
- Discussion of the impact of EEO laws on policies, procedures, and day-to-day operations
- Developing an awareness concerning valuing and managing diversity, as well as building cultural competencies
- Discussion of diversity and its relationship to EEO and AA
- Explanation of how to build an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and fosters productivity
To Find and Register for the Course:
- Access the NC Learning Center.
- Be sure to have your university email address available; it is required to use and create an account with the NC Learning Center.
- If you are new to the NC Learning Center, select the “click here to create an account” link. You must have an account before you will be able to register for a class at OSHR.
- If you already have an account, log in with your user ID and password.
- Once you are logged in, enter OSHR in the search bar that appears in the top right portion of the screen and hit “enter”.
- You will now see a listing of learning opportunities offered by OSHR. To learn more, simply click on the title of the class in which you are interested (in this case, “EEOI”).
- You must complete the entire EEOI registration process before you will be approved for the course.
For Further Information: