Annual Enrollment is an opportunity for you to review your current benefit plan elections to ensure they continue to meet your needs and those of your family. Rock Enroll is the time for you to get on track and Prepare, Decide and Act.
State Health Plan and NCFlex share a single portal for plan changes and annual enrollment. UNC faculty/staff should log into Connect Carolina to enroll, change and manage their plans and click on SelfService to enroll.
Annual enrollment is from September 30th – October 31st
- Read Your Mail: Open and read the mailers from the State Health Plan, NCFlex and OHR Benefits!
- Educate: Attend workshops, watch videos and ask questions! Contact OHR Benefits at 919-962-3071 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know your ONYEN: You will need your UNC Onyen and password to log into the ConnectCarolina website. For assistance with your Onyen and password, contact 919-962-HELP (4357).
- Review your benefit plan needs with your family
- Go beyond your medical plan decision…consider additional life insurance, critical illness and accident insurance coverage
- Calculate your out-of-pocket costs for medical, dental, and vision so you can contribute to the health care flexible spending account to help cover those expenses and save tax dollars
- Reminder: Flexible spending accounts require enrollment each year so if you wish to set money aside in 2018 submit your request and save it.
- Check and update your mailing address and beneficiary information
- Make any desired changes to your insurance elections and remember to save your transactions!
- Print your enrollment confirmation statement and keep it handy!
- In December and in January, look at your pay check to make sure your benefit plan choices are correct.
During Annual Enrollment, members can:
- Enroll in the State Health Plan
- Switch between plans
- Add or remove dependents without a qualifying life event
For assistance with NCFlex and SHPNC enrollment, contact the Eligibility and Enrollment Support Center at 1-855-859-0966, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM ET and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET.
If you are receiving retirement benefits from the UNC Optional Retirement Program (ORP) or Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System (TSERS), medical plan changes are made through the State Retirement System’s ORBIT portal. Or, you may call 1-855-859-0966 for assistance over the phone.
If you are faculty participating in the Phased Retirement Program, NCFlex benefit plan changes are made through ConnectCarolina and medical plan changes are made through the State Retirement System’s ORBIT portal.
- State Health Plan Information: Found online at www.shpnc.org
- NCFlex Plan Information: Found online at www.ncflex.org
- NCFlex AD&D
- NCFlex Cancer
- NCFlex Critical Illness
- NCFlex Dental
- NCFlex Group Term Life Insurance
- NCFlex Vision