Save with the Commuter Alternative Program (CAP)
UNC Transportation and Parking offers CAP as an initiative that rewards faculty, staff and students who choose to use sustainable transportation. Joining CAP helps to improve air quality, build community and reduce traffic congestion to make everyone’s commute better. Register for CAP beginning Monday, July 18.
To qualify for CAP membership, commuters must forgo a parking permit and use one of the following transportation modes:
- Chapel Hill Transit – Fare-free
- GoTriangle – Fares suspended until June 2023
- PART Express – Free bus pass
- Chatham Transit – Free bus pass (when service resumes)
- Local Park-and-Ride – Permit required
- Regional Park-and-Ride – Free to park
- Vanpool – $330 UNC subsidy per month
Need assistance planning your commute? Visit the new Transit Maps website or request a customized commute plan. And check out the Commute Cost Calculator to determine your savings for using alternative transportation!
Did you know?