Skip to main content

Internal UNC-Chapel Hill Requests

Staff, faculty, and campus departments may request HR/Payroll data for specific business purposes.  Some HR data is available via existing reporting tools and is available to employees based on their job duties and role at the University.  All other requests must be reviewed and approved by the HR Data Steward per university policy.

Data Delivery Formats

HR data can be delivered in different formats based on requestor need. Examples of common request types and the associated request process are below.

  • Existing Reporting Tools
  • Employees are granted access to appropriate reporting tools in ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte based on their job duties and role at the University. Information about reporting is available via the ccinfo website including:

    Request Process

    • HR/Payroll reports and queries in ConnectCarolina are automatically granted to campus HR Representatives and central Human Resources / Payroll employees
    • Submit an InfoPorte Access Request Form to your unit’s InfoPorte Administrator if your job duties necessitate you having basic HR data on employees within your unit


  • ConnectCarolina Query or Report
  • A one-time or recurring report or ConnectCarolina query may be requested if the information is not currently available in ConnectCarolina or InfoPorte.

    Request Process

    • Submit a ConnectCarolina Data Changes service request in ServiceNow including details of the requested fields and parameters


  • Interface or data feed
  • Interfaces or data feeds providing HR data to departmental or third-party systems may be requested for new or existing systems.

    Request Process

    • Submit a ConnectCarolina Data Changes service request in ServiceNow attaching a completed SOW form.
      • Complete all sections of the SOW form including details about specific fields and how the data will be used
      • For questions or assistance completing the SOW email
    • Review Risk Assessment 101 on the Safe Computing at UNC website to determine whether a risk assessment is required


Request a Consultation

To request a consultation or request assistance with a data request, please submit a service request.

External Requests

All external records requests for HR data are submitted through an online portal – Next Request – on the Public Records Office website.



Policies and Standards

Data security and the approvals process