The nomination process for the Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award is open through Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022. Established in 2010 by the UNC Staff Assembly, this award recognizes employees whose accomplishments are consistent with the goals of the University and its public service mission.
The ideal recipient must be a permanent staff member (SHRA or EHRA non-faculty) of any of the 17 UNC constituent institutions, the UNC System Office, or a recognized University affiliate and should:
- Exemplify excellence in their professional interactions and customer service within their university employment
- Provide extraordinary service to their campus and UNC system outside their job description
- Provide exemplary service to their surrounding community
The recipient of the award will receive a memento, a $1,000 award, recognition from the Staff Assembly and UNC leadership, and a short video about their service produced by UNC-TV.
The only required documents are
- a completed nomination form (including narrative details for each of our selection criteria)
- an accompanying letter of recommendation.
Additional support material (letters of support from supervisor(s), peers, administration or community members; news articles from campus or local news sources) are highly encouraged and can considerably bolster the nomination as they underscore the individual’s merit.
Anyone from campus–faculty, staff, friends, volunteers–can submit a nomination.
For more information, visit the Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award webpage