- This event has passed.
Emotional Eating: The Connection Between Mood and Food
Wednesday, January 18, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The population of the United States is becoming increasingly obese with each passing decade. There are many speculations about the cause of this phenomenon from an increasing sedentary lifestyle, the ready availability of high caloric foods to stress and even sleep deprivation. However, if people ate only when they were truly hungry and stopped when they were full, there would be no obesity epidemic. This workshop will address the relationship between emotions and food consumption and how to retrain your body and mind to recognize the cues of hunger and to eat for physiological and not emotional reasons.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Identify what is “emotional eating”
• Identify the two types of hunger
• Describe the characteristics of emotional eating
• Describe the situations that trigger emotional eating
• Identify the consequences of emotional eating
Identify strategies for combating emotional eating
• Describe the role of self talk in emotional eating
• Describe use of food/emotion journals
• Describe use of visualizations
• Describe how environmental modifications can reduce impulse eating
• Describe how to incorporate stress management techniques to reduce emotional eating
Identify a personal action plan to confront emotional eating
• Identify your hunger signals
• Identify your barriers to adopting a new eating strategy
• Clarify your motivation for change
• Identify a realistic relapse plan
Date: January 18, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.