- This event has passed.
February 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Implementing discipline over our emotional life is difficult and requires lifelong practice. Being able to choose to act or respond in a particular manner is preferable to re-acting on a consistent basis, yet it is difficult. Enhancing emotional intelligence improves our ability to master our emotional functioning. High emotional intelligence can improve our communications with all others, enhance our perception of satisfaction with ourselves and our lives and increase our productiveness overall.
- Describe the difference between intelligence and emotional intelligence
- Describe the benefits of having emotional intelligence
- Describe the components of emotional intelligence
- Identify the function and qualities of emotions
- Identify ways of assessing your emotional intelligence
- Describe strategies for improving emotional intelligence
- Describe how to improve your capacity for emotional self-control through mindfulness meditation, monitoring self-statements and active listening
- Describe how to accept responsibility for emotions and ways to teach emotional intelligence to children
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 (Register by February 20)
Time: 12 – 1 p.m.
Register in Carolina Talent (search in the events calendar or search for this title using the learning toolbar)
Sponsored by UNC Work/Life & Wellness