- This event has passed.
Learning to Relax
Wednesday, February 14, 2024 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Stress is experienced in the body as tension. To manage stress we have several choices: reduce or eliminate the stressor, think about the stressor differently so it no longer causes tension or change the way our body reacts to stress. The course will address the third option through exploring a variety of relaxation techniques to calm the body and mind. The class will allow participants to learn and experience several simple relaxation tools such as progressive muscle relaxation, abdominal relaxation breathing and visualization.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Identify the benefits of relaxation
• Lowering blood pressure
• Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
• Reducing anger and frustration
• Improving concentration and creativity
Recognize the steps to perform several different relaxation methods such as:
• Cultivating tension awareness
• Progressive muscle relaxation
• Abdominal or diaphragmatic breathing
• Using sound and voice to relax
Date: February 14, 2024
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.