- This event has passed.
Managing Personal Finances
December 7, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Are money issues causing you to worry and stress? Do you buy items, even if you don’t need them, just because they are on sale and you know you are “saving money?” Do you pay only the minimum balance on your credit cards? Is debt mounting in your life to the point where you don’t know what to do about it? Do you wish you were saving more money? Money is a huge stressor for many people, but it doesn’t have to be. This workshop will help you demystify the numbers and get you living beyond paycheck to paycheck.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Identify financial warning signs
• Describe the signs which suggest that you might need to change your financial habits
• Identify the dangers associated with ignoring the signs
Create a budget
• Recognize the value of maintaining a budget
• Identify the items you’ll need to gather in order to create your budget
• Describe how to use the budget template provided in the course materials
Identify good credit behaviors
• Describe the importance of a good credit score
• Identify the factors that make up your credit score
• List methods you can use to improve your credit
Identify practical savings tips
• Describe how to include savings as part of your budget
• Describe methods for reducing your debt
• Share practical techniques for saving money
Date: December 7, 2022
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.