- This event has passed.
Mindfulness: Being Present in Your Work and Life – Webinar
Thursday, April 16, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Course Number: WL0047
The idea of mindfulness or being mindful is complete engagement in the present moment. It is a state where you are not thinking, reflecting, judging or deciding, but are instead simply experiencing the things currently in your available experience. In many ways people are largely unaware of our present moment, and often operate on “auto-pilot” to some degree. The auto-pilot mode is our default mode of operation.
Even when we find ourselves in a pleasurable quiet moment we automatically begin to daydream about others, plan/worry about the future or ruminate about the past. We miss living in the present moment because we fail to pay attention to it. Mindfulness is about waking up to the present moment and paying attention to our experience. Learning mindfulness is not difficult; however, it is difficult to remember to do it. This training discusses mindfulness and how to incorporate its practice into your life.
- Describe mindfulness
- Identify the two ways we experience the world
- Identify the seven components of mindfulness
- Describe the benefits developing mindfulness
- Describe how greater mindfulness results in improved concentration on tasks
- Describe the ways in which mindfulness can improve the quality of your relationships
- Describe how mindfulness will result in greater emotional control and a reduction in impulsive actions
- Identify ways of practicing mindfulness in your life
- Identify several methods of mindfulness practice
- Identify ways you can incorporate mindfulness in everyday activities
All UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and staff are invited to register for and attend the various courses offered by the Office of Human Resources Organization and Professional Development team.View Full Course Catalog
To register for courses:
- Visit: connectcarolina.unc.edu
- Log in: Your onyen + password
- Choose: Self Service
- Click: My Training
- Click: Request Training Enrollment
- Search by: Course Name