- This event has passed.
September 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Suicide is a profoundly disturbing event and most people respond with confusion, fear and anger when confronting it. This course will demystify suicide through discussion of why it occurs, the risk factors associated with suicide and how to intervene with those who are suicidal or potentially suicidal.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Identify the causes of suicide
• Risk factors associated with suicide including the signs and symptoms of depression
• Common myths associated with suicide
• Describe how to intervene with someone who is expressing suicidal thoughts
• Identify the importance of creating a “safety plan”
• Describe resources available for suicide
Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
To register Click Here