- This event has passed.
The Psychology Behind Saving Money and Other Good Financial Habits
Wednesday, January 11, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Most people can honestly say they believe it’s important to spend within their means and to save money for the future. Unfortunately, good intentions are often at odds with how our mind works. For example, many people want to save for the future but have no motivation to because they have not imagined that future. This course addresses the psychology behind saving money and adopting good financial habits. It will examine recent research related to how and why people save vs. spend and identify strategies for participants to change their financial mindset and develop new habits.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand why some people save for the future and other spend for the moment
• Identify non-productive financial patterns and habits
• Recognize the mental and behavioral habits of people who save
• Create a compelling financial future to motivate behavior change
• Understand how to improve the capacity to delay gratification while increasing enjoyment
• Identify seven simple tools to help change spending habits
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.