- This event has passed.
Basics of Estate Planning
October 23, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
(This course was previously scheduled for Sept. 12.)
Course Number: WL0006
Although most people think estate planning is for just the elderly, it is actually important everyone else, too—especially for those with minor children, substantial assets or unusual circumstances. Estate planning can allow one to make decisions on who receives his or her estate, make arrangements for disability, medical care and guardianship for minor children. Properly done, estate planning can remove many burdens from surviving family members during a stressful time.
• Define estate planning
• Describe the most common goals in the estate planning process
• Identify important tools used in estate planning, such as wills, trusts, advance directives and more
• Describe the tax implications of estate planning
• Identify who is responsible for paying estate taxes
• Describe the taxes involved in the settlement of an estate
• Identify key action steps
• Describe financial and other steps to take to plan your estate
All UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and staff are invited to register for and attend the various courses offered by the Office of Human Resources Organization and Professional Development team.
View the Entire Course Catalog