Welcome back from a relaxing winter break. The purpose of this email is to discuss a few outstanding tasks in Carolina Talent, provide some additional resources and prepare for the Annual Appraisal in April 2022. Please feel free to distribute this email to HR Representatives.
2021-22 SHRA Probationary Reviews
On Jan. 3, 2022, the January quarterly probationary review was created for campus supervisors. Supervisors who were unable to complete the October 2021 quarterly probationary review should review their employees’ performance for both the October and January quarters in the January review.
The October quarterly review will not be reopened, so supervisors should have only one task to complete. If the employee has been employed less than 30 days, the supervisor can use the statement below along with any observable performance.
[Employee name] has been employed less than 30 days with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. A thorough review of the employee’s performance and conduct will be completed in the next quarterly/annual performance review.
If, on March 31, 2022, the SHRA employee was employed with the State of North Carolina less than 6 months, there will not be a 2021-2022 SHRA Annual Performance Review task created for the supervisor. Those employees will receive a quarterly probationary review task (starting with self-assessment). The rating of “Insufficient Time” will be entered by OHR.
2021-2022 Performance Plans
There is a significant population of SHRA and EHRA Non-Faculty employees who do not have performance goals in Carolina Talent. Since there are no goals, those employees will not have any goals to rate on the review task. Other employees do not have the required 3-5 goals. To address these issues, we propose the below process:
- Run the “Goal Exception” report
- Reports > Standard Reports > Performance > Goal Exception
- For User Criteria, select (Note: Run separately):
- NC.PERFORMANCE.GROUPS > NC.PM.CHSHRAPerformanceEligible
- NC.PERFORMANCE.GROUPS > NC.PM.CHEHRANFPerformanceEligible
For SHRA employees:
- Reports > Reporting 2.0 > Shared With Me > PM – SHRA – 2021-2022 Employee Goal Count
For EHRA employees:
- Reports > Reporting 2.0 > Shared With Me > PM – EHRA – 2021-2022 Employee Goal Count
- EHRA Non-Faculty Insufficient Time – Similar to SHRA, EHRA Non-Faculty employees employed with the State of North Carolina less than 6 months as of March 31, 2022, will not receive an annual appraisal task. That rating will be entered by OHR.
- Supervisors will receive three tasks (per employee supervised) on April 1, 2022:
- 2021-2022 Annual Appraisal task which includes a voluntary self-assessment for the employee to complete
- 2021-2022 ECA task (if SHRA)
- 2022-2023 Performance Plan task
- Make sure that reporting relationships are up to date.
We appreciate your attention to these updates. If you have any questions, please contact Tyler Enlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Director, Employee & Management Relations
Senior Director, EHRA Non-Faculty Human Resources