We can’t wait to kick up our heels with you tomorrow at Employee Wellness Day! So, wear your Carolina Blue and join us in the Carolina Union and The Pit from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. where you can pick up your free Believe in New Beginnings lunch tote and healthy lunch—your choice of salad or wrap with fruit and bottled water.
To see the full list of activities, check out the calendar of the day’s activities, which include:
- Wellness checks (walk-ins 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.)
- Rock climbing wall
- Photo booths
- Open meditation space
- Chair massage (waitlist only)
- Wellness exhibit hall and medicine drop
- Fitness demos for circuit training, step, Pilates, Zumba and chair yoga
- Wellbeing sessions for managing stress, aromatherapy for better sleep, healthy financial habits and more
- Cooking demos—with free samples
- Face-off games like ax throwing, soccer and basketball
Facilities and housekeeping staff just beginning or finishing shifts can start (or end!) their day with a healthy breakfast burrito and sides in front of Lenoir Hall from 7–9 a.m.
If you aren’t able to join us tomorrow, our cooking demos and wellbeing sessions will be livestreamed via Zoom. Use the links below to attend virtually:
- Cooking demos |
- Wellbeing sessions |
Also available to you is our On-Demand Wellness Resource library, which you can access any time. Browse dozens of resources like videos, tip sheets and slide decks on wellness topics like community support, financial wellness, fitness, nutrition, self-care, work/life and more.
New listings for 2022 include:
- Endurance bootcamp workout incorporating cardio and strength exercises for all fitness levels
- Beginner’s Yoga video demonstrating detailed alignment cues and essential poses
- Mindfulness session on self-care during the time of COVID
- Cooking demonstrations of three 30-minute meals
- Tips for identifying high-quality child care and options for financial assistance
Student Stores Discount
For Employee Wellness Day, UNC Student Stores is offering a special discount for Carolina employees through Friday, March 18. Show your UNC One Card at the checkout to receive 10 percent off your entire in-store purchase. Please note that this offer is not valid on textbooks, computers & technology, regalia or gift cards and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
We’re so excited to be together for the first time in a long time and can’t wait to see—and celebrate—you!
Hark the sound,
Becci Menghini, Ed.D.
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources and Equal Opportunity & Compliance