Temporary Position Posting FAQs
- UNC-Chapel Hill student employee positions including undergraduate and graduate students, Resident Assistants, Teaching Assistants and Work Study Students.
- Positions with zero-based salary and zero-based FTE.
- Positions/vacancies filled by UTS or an outside staffing agency.
- Director level positions that supervise one or more staff, with department or University-wide policy making/decision authority
- Retirees returning to the same department
- Retirees returning to a comparable position within the University
- Temporary employees returning to the same department within 60 days of completion of their 31-day break
- Temporary employees performing additional duties within the same department
- Seasonal temporary employees who return each year
- UNC-Chapel Hill employees being placed in a temporary position following layoff/discontinuation
- Student employees who continue to work in the same department after graduation
- Prevention/avoidance of critical work stoppage
- Unusual and exceptional circumstances where an individual selected possesses specific and unique skills
- Position assignments lasting three days or less
- Temporary hire commitments made prior to go-live (90-day grace period)
A waiver may be requested as part of the posting process in PeopleAdmin.
Approved position information updates in EPAWeb will be available in PeopleAdmin within one business day. If there is an immediate need for position data to be updated in PeopleAdmin, contact the Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office at email@example.com or (919) 966-3576.