Mental health is essential to everyone’s overall health and wellbeing. While one in five people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime, everyone faces challenges in life that can impact their mental health. The good news is mental illnesses are treatable. There are practical tools that everyone can use to improve their mental health and increase resiliency – and there are ways that everyone can support their friends, family and co-workers who are struggling with life’s challenges or mental health.
During this pandemic, UNC Work/Life and Wellness wants to make sure our faculty and staff have the tools they need to stay healthy, both mentally and physically.
Join us for these Wellness Wednesday webinars:
- Understanding Depression (WL0050)
May 6, 3-4 p.m | Register in ConnectCarolina
- How to Work at Home with Resilience and Less Stress
May 13, 12:30-1:30 p.m. | Register Here
- Overcoming Distorted Negative Thinking (WL0024)
May 20, 12-1 p.m. | Register in ConnectCarolina
- Laughter, Humor and Play to Reduce Stress and Solve Problems (WL0037)
May 27, 12-1 p.m. | Register in ConnectCarolina
Tools2Thrive from Mental Health America
- Creating Healthy Routines
- Eliminating Toxic Influences
- Finding the Positive After Loss
- Owning Your Feelings
- Supporting Others
- Connecting with Others
Remember, support is a phone call away:
- Call 911, in case of an emergency.
- Contact GuidanceResources® at 877-314-5841. Your free Employee Assistance Program offers 24/7 counseling and self-improvement solutions to everyday issues. Access online resources with Organization Web ID: TARHEELS.
- Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-SAFE (7233) or text LOVEIS to 22522 for help with abusive situations.