This spring, 13 teams from UNC-Chapel Hill competed against 276 other teams across the state in the eight-week Miles for Wellness step and activity challenge, “The Trail to Go Green.”
Over course of the challenge, teams tracked their activity and virtually visited Earth Day celebrations across the country.
At the end of the challenge, participants walked a total of 1,378,229,855 steps. That’s equivalent to 689,115 miles or 28 times around the earth! UNC teams contributed 64,194,289 steps (32,098 miles) to the challenge. Kuddos to all participants, this is even more activity than spring 2019.
Participating schools, divisions, and departments included:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
- Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of Sponsored Research
- School of Medicine – Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies
- School of Medicine – Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- School of Medicine – Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- School of Medicine – Office of Graduate Education
Congratulations to the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute “FPG Trail Blazers” for walking the most steps among all UNC teams (8,603,133 steps).
Save the date for the next Miles for Wellness Challenge: Sept. 21, 2020.