More than 8,000 employees have taken advantage of paperless W-2 forms as part of an effort to provide a more secure and sustainable distribution process. You can opt out of receiving a paper W-2 at any time through ConnectCarolina Self Service. Note: W-2 forms will be available in January.
To opt-out of receiving a printed W-2 in addition to the online W-2 form distribution:
- From the Self Service home page in ConnectCarolina, click the My Pay and Taxes tile.
- Choose W-2/W-2c Consent
- Click the Consent box and Submit to stop receiving a printed W-2
If at any time, you wish to revoke your consent, and want to receive a paper W-2 form, follow the same steps. These steps are available in a quick reference card, Opting Out of Printed W-2 Forms in ConnectCarolina.
The online self-service option offers the following benefits:
- Active employees can view and print their W-2s for tax year 2014 and beyond any time — 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The functionality can be especially useful for employees who need to access their W-2 information in a timely manner when applying for personal loans and other banking needs.
- The W-2 form that is available electronically is as official as the paper version issued by Payroll Services.
Former employees have the option of accessing W-2s via a guest account in ConnectCarolina. Instructions can be found at https://ccinfo.unc.edu/resource-docs/instructions-for-guest-id-creation/.
Questions or problems?
- Help Documentation related to 2-Step, including step-by-step instructions, is available by visiting:https://its.unc.edu/2-step/.
- Step-by-step instructions and user tips related to viewing and printing W-2 forms can be found on the Online Employee Tax Forms web page (go.unc.edu/payrolltaxforms).
- If you have questions concerning your W-2 form, please visit our W-2 frequently-asked questions webpage (finance.unc.edu/departments/strategic-sourcing-payment/payroll/w-2/).
- If you have technical problems viewing or printing your W-2, contact the Help Desk at 962-HELP or requesting service through ServiceNow (help.unc.edu).