You’re receiving this message because you manage one or more permanent SHRA or EHRA Non-Faculty employees.
Next month the performance appraisal season begins. Last year we moved part of the process online using Carolina Talent Performance but still used paper forms for performance appraisals. This year we will be entirely paper-free because performance appraisals are moving into Carolina Talent.
What’s new this year?
The process will be the same: You’ll create performance plans, appraisals and for SHRA employees, competency assessments. The main difference is that everything performance-management-related will now be completed online in Carolina Talent.
We also have a few other changes that will be implemented this year:
- SHRA and EHRA Non-Faculty employees will be on the same performance schedule.
- Employees will have the opportunity to complete an optional self-assessment task.
- Second-level manager signatures will no longer be required for SHRA employees.
- A new HR checkpoint review period will be built into the online process.
- A new comment field for development plans has been added.
- Performance plan tasks will be automated for new employees.
How will I get more information?
We will be holding an informational webinar for managers on Tuesday, March 8 from 2 – 3 p.m. The webinar will be recorded and placed in Carolina Talent so you can still access the information we’ll be sharing if you’re unable to attend. Look for the webinar invitation to be emailed the first week of March.
After April 1, the Office of Human Resources will be hosting online drop-in office hours where you can ask questions and get one-on-one support.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to email@example.com.
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Compliance