The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) form applies to both current and former University employees. The PSLF process depends on whether the period of employment being certified was continuous or contained a break in service (if the period of certification includes a timeframe during which you were not employed by the University).
If you worked continuously at UNC-Chapel Hill during the period of employment being certified:
- Submit your request online at the Experian Verify employee portal.
- Experian Verify will check the dates and certify the time; if it is accurate, Experian Verify will provide you with the certified PSLF form.
- You submit the certified PSLF form you receive from Experian Verify to the US Department of Education; submission instructions and options should be located on the form.
Instructions for how to create an account with Experian Verify are found on our Employment Verification webpage.
If you had a break in service at UNC-Chapel Hill during the period of employment being certified:
- Send your PSLF as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- UNC HR Records will complete the Employer section and return the form as an email attachment.
- You submit the certified PSLF form you receive from UNC HR Records to the US Department of Education; submission instructions and options should be located on the form.
Employee of UNC Health, UNC System or
other UNC Universities?
UNC Health (the campus hospital and the UNC hospital network) is a separate entity from the University. To contact UNC Health, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 984-974-1100.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill cannot verify employment with the UNC System or with other UNC universities or institutions. To verify employment with another UNC university, contact that institution directly. UNC System contact information can be found on the UNC System Human Resources webpage.