Dear Carolina Community,
We’re a week away from our full-campus return, and we are excited to have the Carolina community together again. We appreciate the hard work and flexibility you’ve dedicated to supporting the University these past 16 months, and we know many of you have mixed emotions about yet another transition. We want to help make this transition as smooth as possible. For that reason, we want to provide a few reminders and let you know about an event on July 19.
Returning to Work on Campus Website
We continue to update the Returning to Work on Campus website with the most current guidance, resources and logistical information about the return to full-campus operations. The site now includes links to the recordings of the Return to Campus Information Sessions for managers and employees as well as some FAQs we developed through those sessions and from campus feedback.
Updated Community Standards
A few weeks ago, the Chancellor and Provost announced updated COVID-19 Community Standards that go into effect today and will be in place for the July 19 return. Some important highlights:
- Face masks must be worn while inside any University building but are not required outdoors.
- Monitor your health and do not come to campus if you have any symptoms listed on the COVID-19 symptom list.
- Voluntary, asymptomatic testing will remain available for all students, faculty and staff.
- Members of the Carolina community should not ask others for their personal health information, including vaccination status.
- Receiving a COVID-19 vaccination is the best way to protect yourself. We strongly encourage those who are vaccinated to report it using the COVID-19 Vaccination Certification form.
- Practice healthy habits and be respectful of those who wish to maintain their personal space.
For a full description of the Community Standards, please visit the Carolina Together website.
T-Shirt Giveaway on July 19
We invite all employees to drop by our Return to Campus T-Shirt Giveaway event on Monday, July 19. Look for us under the big tent on the lawn between South Building and Wilson Library any time from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. to pick up a T-shirt (first-come, first-served) and have your picture taken with Rameses. The Cobb Deck will be open for employees to park while they come get their T-shirt. We hope to see you there!
We’re looking forward to having everyone together again on campus next week to share in the vibrancy and energy of our campus community and to support each other as we adjust to the “new abnormal.”
Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Compliance