2018 Engagement Survey & Results
UNC System Engagement Survey
Between Jan. 29 and Feb. 27, 2018, all permanent, full-time employees at UNC-Chapel Hill were invited to participate in the UNC System Employee Engagement Survey.
The survey comprised of 60 belief statements that focused on employee engagement, two open ended questions addressing job satisfaction, and 17 questions dedicated to benefits satisfaction. The 60 belief statements were aligned with, and categorized into, 15 core dimensions.
Among eligible employees at UNC-Chapel Hill, 4,744 opted to participate (37%). SAAO Tier 1 and SAAO Tier 2 employees had the highest response rates, at 52% and 55%, respectively. Faculty had the lowest response rate among UNC-CH employees, at 31%. SHRA exempt employees achieved a 51% response rate, while 37% of SHRA non-exempt employees participated.
- Full list of 2018 survey questions
- ModernThink guidance on survey response scores
- Overall Benchmark ScoreCard for 2018: This report displays the 60 belief statements by core dimension, with UNC-Chapel Hill positive and negative responses, compared to six benchmark groups selected by the UNC System Office. These benchmarks include ModernThink’s Great Colleges to Work For Honor Roll, as well as universities that participated in the Great Colleges program from the following groups: Carnegie Research I institutions, public four-year universities, universities with an enrollment greater than 10,000, and Southeast Region universities. The final comparison is to the UNC System-wide aggregate score.
- 2018 Response Distribution Report: This report lists responses by employee type for each of the 60 belief statements.
- 2018 Benefit Satisfaction Report: This report includes responses by employee type for each of the 17 benefits questions.