To honor the military-affiliated Carolina students, faculty, staff and alumni who have served our country, we are celebrating Veterans Week 2021 with a full week of events hosted by the Veterans Resource Center within the Office of the Dean of Students.
Calendar of Events
Saturday, Nov. 6
- Time | Tailgate at the Carolina Veterans Resource Center: Any military-affiliated students, faculty and staff are invited to attend
- Time | CVRC/CVO Tabling with ROTC pre-game
- Time | Football Game Details: CVO participation in Opening Ceremonies
Monday, Nov. 8
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Carolina Veterans Resource Center Open House: All are welcome to attend
Tuesday, Nov. 9
- 4 p.m. | Taco Tuesday: Held every other Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the Carolina Veterans Resource Center
Wednesday, Nov. 10
- 10 a.m. | Coffee with a Vet in the Pit: Catered by the Root Cellar
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. | Grab-and-Go Lunch: At the Carolina Veterans Resource Center. Catered by Mediterranean Deli
Thursday, Nov. 11
- 9–10:30 a.m. RSVP required | Breakfast for Women Veterans with Roundtable: Featuring Amy Rodriguez, PA—UNC Health, to discuss mental health and wellness. At the Carolina Veterans Resource Center. If you wish to attend, please RSVP to CVRC@unc.edu.
- 11:11 a.m. | Veterans Day Ceremonies with ROTC:
Friday, Nov. 12
- 4–7 p.m. | Reception for Veteran and Military-Affiliated Students, Faculty and Staff: At the Carolina Veterans Resource Center. Catered by City Barbeque. No RSVP required.
- 4–7 p.m. | Meet-and-Greet with Brad Wrenn: Program Manager for Military/Veterans Ed—Governmental Relations, UNC System Office. At the Carolina Veterans Resource Center.
Saturday, Nov. 13
- 9 a.m. | Ruck for Hunger with CVO and ROTC: Four-mile ruck/walk around campus. Food drive starts at Carolina Veterans Resource Center and makes rounds to the non-perishable food bins located throughout campus. Bring your own ruck sack! Reception to follow.
Find out more about the celebrationVeterans Week 2021 Flyer