The Department of Work/Life & Wellness within the Office of Human Resources, under the Division of Workforce Strategy, Equity, and Engagement, is committed to enhancing opportunities for employees to achieve and maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle within the workplace. The department will be launching Wellness Champions, a new wellness initiative in the summer of 2019, in an effort to improve employees’ health and increase job satisfaction and engagement.
- To create, engage, and empower employee wellness committees in every school and division to foster a greater culture of health throughout Carolina.
- The Total WellBeing (TWB) team will lead meetings and provide education and resources to assist Wellness Committees meet their goals. The TWB team will be available for consultations with Wellness Champions to help them lead their committee through an annual assessment, planning, and action cycle.
- Wellness Champions (Champions) will lead their school/division Wellness Committee. Champions are Carolina employees who are passionate about improving the culture of wellness in the workplace, who are well known by their coworkers, and who have (or are committed to developing) the skills for leading a Wellness Committee.
- Wellness Committees will work with their Champion to assess employees’ health and wellness interests and needs. They will work together to plan and implement 2 – 3 wellness initiatives annually. Committees should represent the collective diversity of their school/division and include individuals from a variety of departments and roles (staff, faculty, supervisors, employees, administrators, researchers, etc.)
- Dedicate 6-8 hours a month to focus on wellness planning and activities
- Participate in monthly meetings to learn tips, tools and resources to succeed
- Establish and lead a wellness committee in their school/division
- Lead committee to develop annual wellness goals
- Report progress each semester to earn points and gain incentives
- Get approval from your supervisor to become a Wellness Champion. You can use this email template.
Contact your Total WellBeing Team at email@example.com