Frequently Contacted Units
|HR Service Center||919-843-2300|
|Online Job Application Assistance||919-843-2300|
|EHRA Non-Faculty Human Resources||919-962-2897|
|Employee & Management Relations||919-843-3444|
|Background Check Hotline||919-962-5742|
|HR Application Support Help Desk||919-962-4357|
|Organization & Professional Development||919-962-2550|
To make the employment verification process more secure and to speed up the verification process for our employees and verifiers, UNC has contracted with uConfirm, a leading national provider of employment verification solutions for employers. uConfirm is free to UNC-Chapel Hill and its employees.
Process for Verifiers
Complete the employment verification online at uConfirm.com.
To do so:
- In the “I’m a Verifier” section of the uConfirm page, click the option “Register as a new verifier.”
- On the next page, choose the “Verifier” option.
- Follow the prompted steps on the next page/s to complete registration.
- The employer is UNC-Chapel Hill.
- All requests must be submitted online.
- A copy of the employee signed authorization is required. You will be prompted during the request process to upload or fax the authorization form to uConfirm.
Process for Employees
If you need proof of employment or income (as for a home or auto loan), the verifier (such as a mortgage lender or bank) should complete the employment verification online at uConfirm.com. The requesting business should register as a verifier and submit the request online (see instructions above).
- If you need a letter verifying your employment, go to the uConfirm employee portal and then
- Follow the instructions to create an employee account. Access Code: 3A47FC9D
- Log in to the portal
- Choose the “Letters” tab
- Click on “Generate an EMPLOYMENT letter”
- If you need a letter for a work or travel visa, contact uConfirm support at 404-382-5400, option 4. You will be provided instructions on how to obtain a copy of your verification.
- If you need a Public Service Loan Forgiveness form to be completed, send the form as an email attachment to email@example.com OR send the form via fax to 404-829-1336. Turnaround time for PSLF forms is three to five business days.
Process for Social Service Agencies
Fax the request to uConfirm at (404) 829-1336. Include a return fax number for the social service agency.
To complete the employment verification, verifiers will need:
- Your full social security number
- Your first and last name
- Name of your employer
- Signed authorization form
Verifiers will NOT need an employer code or salary pin.
Please contact uConfirm’s Customer Support toll-free at 866-312-8266 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) for UNC-Chapel Hill is located in the Administrative Office Building (AOB) at 104 Airport Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, approximately 1.5 miles north of the main campus.
Office of Human Resources
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
104 Airport Dr., CB 1045
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1045
Employees coming to the AOB for training classes must obtain a temporary parking pass from OHR’s main service center (AOB, first floor, suite 1500) to park in the R1/R2 overflow lot.
Employees who have a CAP (Park & Ride) permit or any Zone R* permit (excluding R1/R2) or who do not have a valid UNC-CH main campus parking permit must pick up a temporary parking pass for the R1/R2 overflow lot. *(Zone R permits include R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, R8, R9, R10, and R12.)
Failure to follow these terms/regulations will result in being ticketed. Contact Transportation & Parking at 919-962-3951 for more details.
Return to top
Attending a Class at the AOB
If you need accommodations for a class at the Administrative Office Building (AOB), please contact us at 919-962-2550 at least 48 hours before the class.
Please plan ahead of time, so you may be able to find an appropriate parking space. Campus parking may vary depending on the location of the class. Check the Parking Zone Map for available parking locations.
For information about parking at the AOB, see the Parking section above. Please note that all visitors to AOB are required to obtain a temporary parking pass from OHR’s main service center (AOB first floor, suite 1500).
Attendance in classes is limited to registered participants. If you are on the waitlist, the class is at capacity. When a seat becomes available, you will be automatically enrolled and notified by email. If not notified, we highly recommend registering for a different session.
As an enrollee, you are expected to read and comply with Organization and Professional Developments cancellation policy outlined below:
Cancellation by Organization & Professional Development
In the event of a program cancellation, you will be notified at least 48 hours in advance. In case of an emergency (i.e. instructor illness, adverse weather, etc.), we will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible. In the event of adverse weather, please check Alert Carolina communications.
Cancellation by participant
Our programs are popular, but space is limited, so please make every effort to attend your scheduled class. If you are unable to attend the training session, please cancel your registration immediately by going to Carolina Talent. Your timely cancellation will allow another waitlisted participant to attend.
Return to top