We’re writing to request your help in reaching all full-time employees with information about the Employee Engagement Survey.
If your unit has not already emailed the employees in your school/division about participating in the survey, would you please send a message to increase awareness of this opportunity?
For your convenience, below this email we’ve provided a sample message for you to share. The message will not contain a link to the actual survey but rather will encourage participation.
Some baseline information about the survey
- The survey deadline has been extended through Monday, April 18.
- The survey is available ONLY online.
- Only full-time permanent employees of UNC-CH are eligible to take this survey. Employees of affiliated entities such as UNC Health are not eligible to take the survey. In addition, the UNC System Office provided employee contact information to the survey vendor on Jan. 31, so any new hires after that date will likely not receive invitations to participate.
- On March 28, all eligible employees received an email from ModernThink LLC, the consulting firm that is administering the survey. The email contains a unique login and password that employees will use to take the survey.
- Employees who have not set up their email have had an email address created for them in the form of Onyen@email.unc.edu, and the survey will be sent to that email address.
- The survey is optional/voluntary and neither the University nor UNC System will have access to individual employee responses.
- Employees will have the option to take the online survey in English or Spanish.
- For Karen and Burmese speakers, we have paper translations of the survey in those languages to assist in completing the online survey. Please note: These Karen and Burmese versions are to be used as aids only. We will not be distributing or collecting paper copies of the survey for consideration.
For more information, visit the Employee Engagement Survey page on the HR at UNC website.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration. We appreciate your help with this matter.
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources and Equal Opportunity & Compliance
Draft Email Message:
Subject: Your opinion matters: Employee Engagement Survey
You recently received an invitation to participate in the Employee Engagement Survey. The email contains a unique login and password that you will use to take the survey. We hope that you will take 10 minutes to complete the survey so that the University can better understand what you enjoy about working at UNC and what improvements you think could enhance your job satisfaction.
Only permanent full-time faculty and staff of UNC Chapel Hill are eligible to take the survey and will receive emails from ModernThink, the outside vendor administering the survey. Employees of affiliated entities such as UNC Health are not eligible to take the survey.
The survey deadline has been extended, and the survey will now be open through Monday, April 18. The 2022 survey will focus on three specific areas:
- a set of baseline trend data from past surveys.
- diversity and inclusion statements.
- statements specific to institutional actions taken due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have already completed the survey, thank you for your time and thoughtful input. For those who have not completed the survey, please look for an email with survey links and unique login information from ModernThink.