- This event has passed.
Mindfulness for the New Year
Saturday, January 8, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Start your new year Mindfully with a free course hosted by The UNC Mindfulness Center!
Join Paula for Mindfulness for the New Year, learn to ease your stress by taking out time for yourself as you learn and practice Mindfulness Techniques that can bring benefits to your daily life!
These practices are also great for anyone experiencing acute or chronic health issues such as insomnia, anxiety, pain, and more.
We will include the following
- Identifying Stress Triggers, Manifestations and Coping Mechanisms
- Using Mindful Breathing to Tame the Stress Response
- Practice the Mind Body Connection through the Body Scan Practice
- Seated Mindfulness Meditation with Attention to the Breath
- The Breathing Space Practice for encouraging living life OFF Auto Pilot
The session is Led by Paula Huffman, BS, RN, ERYT
Paula has worked as a professional in Health and Education services for over 40 years. Her experience in providing wellness services to both patients and students is vast. She has taught with UNC’s Program on Integrative Medicine, Mindfulness program for 10 years.
All are welcome! Class is free & open to all! Registration is required. After registration, you will receive a Zoom link and instructions.
To register: https://tinyurl.com/y6fb4u2m