- This event has passed.
Basics of Estate Planning
Wednesday, September 13, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Although most people think estate planning is for just the elderly, it is actually important to everyone else, too—especially for those with minor children, substantial assets or unusual circumstances. Estate planning can allow one to make decisions on who receives his or her estate, make arrangements for disability, medical care and guardianship for minor children. Properly done, estate planning can remove many burdens from surviving family members during a stressful time.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Define estate planning
• Describe the most common goals in the estate planning process
• Identify important tools used in estate planning, such as wills, trusts, advance directives and more
Describe the tax implications of estate planning
• Identify who is responsible for paying estate taxes
• Describe the taxes involved in the settlement of an estate
Identify key action steps
• Describe financial and other steps to take to plan your estate
Date: September 13, 2023
Time: 12 – 1 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.