- This event has passed.
Relaxation “Micro-Moments” and Winding Down Techniques
August 16, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The problem with most attempts to adopt stress-management or self-care routines is that they require time, effort and planning. The reality for many people who have stressful jobs is that they are too physically exhausted and mentally depleted by the end of the day to initiate activities commonly recommended to reduce stress in their lives. The trick is to intervene via multiple “micro-moments” of relaxation or mindful practices which only take 15 to 60 seconds. These moments of relaxation help bring stress levels down during the workday and interrupt the steady escalation of stress that creates physical and mental exhaustion. Also addressed: simple winding-down routines that can end the day in a calming Mindful way.
This training will help you:
• Describe how stress escalates through the day and leads to exhaustion
• Consider whether your present stress reduction habits may be adding to your overall stress
• Understand how simple short moments of relaxation throughout the day can permit you reduce stress
and conserve energy
• Practice brief mindful moments of relaxation and learn how to integrate these moments into your
• Understand the value of winding-down routines that foster a sense of safety and personal control
Date: August 16, 2023
Time: 12 – 1 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.