- This event has passed.
Laughter, humor and play to reduce stress
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Professional comedians shouldn’t be the only people to use smiling, laughter, humor and play as part of their daily routine. These skills are valuable for everyone. A good smile has long been a key tool for anyone who needs to influence others. Laughter is now shown to improve our pain tolerance. Humor and play can be the building blocks of problem-solving. Together they can improve our happiness and effectiveness.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Understand the benefits of smiling for:
• Improving your mood
• Keeping a positive focus through an easy exercise
• Building confidence and receptiveness among others
Use laughter to:
• Improve cardiovascular health by practicing voluntary laughter
• Enjoy the social dynamic of group behavior
• Reduce stress
Use humor and play to:
• Have fun by building simple jokes
• Improve creativity by keeping editing separate from the creative process
• Build relationships by saying, “Yes, and…”
Date: June 7, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. Sessions are 45-60 minutes depending on the topic.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.