Resiliency: Bouncing Back After a Setback
Wednesday, May 24, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Certain individuals appear to succeed against all odds. Despite severe hardships such as living through war, witnessing the death of a loved one, having a chronic illness, being a victim of abuse or dealing with unemployment, certain people not only adapt but actually thrive. These people possess a quality known as “resilience.” This workshop will examine the characteristics of resilience and discover ways to introduce greater resilience into our lives.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Describe what resilience really is
• Describe the concept of resilience as it relates to children and adults
• Describe the characteristics of resilient people
• Describe how emotional control, self-awareness and strong relationships relate to resiliency
Identify your own resilient capacities
• Identify you unique resilient strengths and areas for development
• Recognize which situations are most stressful
Describe resilience building strategies
• Describe techniques to enhance resilience through changing your perception, taking decisive action and engaging in appropriate self care.
Date: May 24, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To register, click here and select the “Request” button in Carolina Talent to automatically enroll.